- music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction
- gorgeous high-gloss piano black lacquer finish
- top tier 9” carbon fibre tonearm
- counterweight’s centre of gravity is level with the stylus tip, is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
- DC synchronous motor for superior speed stabil- ity, separately isolated on the lower platform
- two-speed stepped motor pulley for 33 1/3 and 45 rpm
- Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge with replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus ($330 value)
- the cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in Teflon® for noise-free fluid operation
- dynamically balanced alloy platter with soft felt
mat screw-on record clamp, high quality gold RCA connectors and de- tachable phono cable
- special vibration damping adjustable feet
- built-in round spirit level for proper levelling
- low noise fully manual belt-drive design
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- dust cover and 45 rpm adaptor included
- 463.5 (W) x 336.5 (D) x 139.7(H) mm
The Ortofon 2M Series is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove.
The 2M Series is developed in conjunction with the Danish Industrial designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Of course the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. It has been engineered to the highest standards and is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
2M BLUE FEATURES:
- An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy
- Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
- Adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details than 2M Red
The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used with a wide variety of phono preamps.